What Are Your Rights if You’re Injured by a Government-Owned Vehicle?

Most car accident lawsuits are filed against allegedly negligent individuals who were driving their own cars. But thousands of government-owned vehicles are on the roads in the U.S. and they can just as easily be involved in a car accident. For any type of accident, you have the legal right to consult a car accident lawyer in Riverside. He or she can pursue compensation on your behalf for your losses, including medical expenses and property damage.

If the accident involved a federal employee, your car accident lawyer may file an administrative claim under the Federal Tort Claims Act. These claims are based on acts or omissions. In other words, they allege that the federal employee failed to do something or did something that was somehow negligent. If the administrative claim is denied, your car accident lawyer can then file a lawsuit, provided it is filed within six months of the denial. In some cases, accidents are caused by environmental hazards such as poorly constructed or maintained roadways. A lawyer may file a claim against the entity responsible for the construction or maintenance of the road.

Government-Owned Vehicle Accident lawyer In Riverside, CA