Slip, Trip, or Fall Accident Lawyers in Riverside, CA
Skilled Premises Liability Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents are a common cause of emergency room visits and potentially serious injuries. These injuries may lead to personal injury cases involving compensation, and The Law Offices of Harlan B. Kistler are here to represent you in personal injury cases and wrongful death cases. If you have suffered an injury as a result of a slip and fall accident, our personal injury attorneys can offer you a free consultation to see if you have a case. Keep reading to learn more about common types, places, and causes of accidents and injuries, as well as how we can help and who is held responsible. Get in touch with our personal injury lawyers today for your free consultation.
Types of Slip, Trip, or Fall Accidents
Slips, trips, and falls can occur just about anywhere for a variety of reasons. Our experienced and aggressive attorneys represent people injured in all types of accidents, including:
- Slippery floors from spills or rain, snow, mud, or sleet tracked in from the outside or naturally slick surfaces such as glass or stone
- Ramps and staircases, including those with loose or broken handrails or stair treads
- Cluttered aisles, hallways, and walkways
- Uneven surfaces, including bunched or torn carpet, potholes, uneven paving stones or bricks, etc.
- Poorly lit areas, including in parking lots
- Unstable surfaces, including floorboards, area rugs, loose or broken tiles, etc.
- Ladders and scaffolding
Common Places Slip & Fall Accidents Occur
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, you likely have a lot on your mind. Your healing process is essential, as is your right to collect any compensation you deserve. Avoiding another accident in the future is also something you’ll want to keep in mind. Learn more about some of the most common places where slip and fall accidents often occur:
- Sidewalks – Gaps between sidewalk blocks or cracks in sidewalks are often to blame for uneven ground.
- Stairs – Many factors can make stairs challenging to navigate, including wear and tear, loose or missing handrails, poor lighting, loose or frayed carpeting, and more.
- Parking Lots – A poorly maintained parking lot may have holes or cracks in the asphalt. Poor lighting can also make parking lots challenging to navigate for pedestrians.
- Elevators & Escalators – Poorly maintained elevators can stop and start suddenly, leading to falls. People can also get fingers, feet, clothing, or shoes caught in an escalator that is not maintained correctly.
- Restaurants & Retail – You’ve likely seen those “wet floor” signs at your local restaurant or retail store. Poorly marked wet areas can often lead to slips and falls. Torn and worn carpets can also be hazardous.
- Job Sites – Wet floors, torn carpet, damaged flooring, loose handrails, worn steps, and debris are just some of the factors that can lead to a slip and fall accident at work. Certain industries pose additional threats, such as ladders, metal surfaces, and scaffolding.
Common Causes of Slips, Trips, & Falls
Now that you know more about where these types of accidents are likely to occur, it’s time to examine some common causes of slips, trips, and falls. Wet and uneven floors are a common culprit of slip and fall accidents. Another reason for personal injuries is environmental conditions. Unsafe ladders and stairs are often to blame for accidents. Another reason slips, trips, and falls may occur is improper safety practices. As an employer or property owner, you should take all necessary steps to result in safe conditions for anyone on your premises.
Why See Our Trip & Fall Lawyers?
After getting the immediate medical care you need for your injuries, you will want to talk to our personal injury lawyers to discuss your accident and learn if you might be eligible for compensation from a business or property owner. When you sustain a slip and fall injury as a result of negligence in property maintenance, you may accrue significant medical expenses and need to take time off work. Filing a trip and fall injury lawsuit against the negligent individual or organization can allow you to reduce the financial hardship of your injury and focus on your recovery. Because our offices provide free consultations and do not charge upfront for personal injury cases, you have nothing to lose by consulting our slip and fall lawyers to discuss your accident.
Who Is Held Responsible for Damages in a Trip & Fall Injury Lawsuit?
The defendant in your slip and fall case may be a residential or commercial property owner or a business, depending on the circumstances of the case. In order to be awarded compensation in a slip and fall case, it is necessary to prove that the accident was caused by dangerous conditions on the property that the property owner knew about but did not fix within a reasonable timeframe. Here’s a closer look at how your slip and fall attorney will build your case to show that your injuries could have been avoided were it not for another individual’s negligence.
- Proving Fault – Security camera footage, witnesses, and personal testimony will all help recall what happened and whether the accident could have been avoided. It is more likely that the case will be resolved in your favor if there was a lack of adequate signage warning of a potential hazard or if you can prove that the property owner knew of the danger and did not take reasonable action to fix it.
- Assessing Personal Responsibility – Another factor that will be considered in a trip and fall injury lawsuit case will be whether the plaintiff can be held responsible for their own injuries. If, for example, you were distracted or wearing inadequate footwear for certain weather conditions, your compensation may be reduced.
Get Your Free Injury Consultation Today
The Law Offices of Harlan B. Kistler would be happy to offer you a free consultation for your slip, trip, or fall injury. We have a proven track record of success in personal injury cases, so don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your injuries.
Why Choose Us
- Free Consultations Available
- Over 25 Years Experience
- No Recovery? No Fee!
- Individualized Service
- Our Firm Has Successfully Represented More Than 2,000 Clients, Recovering $5,000,000 Dollars For People Just Like You.